Monday, July 25, 2011

Inspiration

Having worked alongside, behind the scenes and closely with several jewelry designers I have just as much reverence for the creative process as I do the products. What inspires these artists to take the 1st step? What is the fuel that keeps them going? The answers to these questions are as unique as the artist herself. But there are some answers very prevalent and popular across the board and for good reason: nature being one of them.

Spending time in nature and taking in the beauty she freely offers is inspiring over and over again. Lest we forget, as our lifestyles can keep us disconnected, we are all nature ourselves made of the very same elements that make up plants, animals and minerals. If we choose to look, the infinite and various gateways to reconnect are always open and welcoming.

Jewelry is comprised of some of natures most amazing creations like metal, silk and gemstones. The artists that choose to honor and celebrate mother nature are some of my favorites. So I thought I would share a few of my favorite jewelry designers.

Originally from Southern California, Jeanine Payer's designs have been on my favorites list for many years now. Payer brings my love of jewelry and poetry, especially Rumi together. Each piece has a bit of poetry hand engraved into it elevating us from the mundane. "I believe in pieces having a wonder about them. I like making things that are at once both powerful and private. Each person brings their own particular meaning to the jewelry, therefore each piece becomes highly endowed" says Payer.


www.jeaninepayer.com

Another long time favorite is Satya. I love the simplicity of this everyday jewelry mixed with such powerful symbols like, the Lotus (soul expansion & heart opener,) the Om (summoning the divine in ourself & others) and Genesha (the remover of obstacles.) I see women wearing these pieces and never taking them off. This jewelry functions more like an amulet or talisman.

www.satyajewelry.com

There is no more appropriate word than LOVE to describe most women's attraction to diamonds. My high school sweetheart gave me my first pair of diamond stud earrings and my fiance gave me diamonds last year; but several years ago working for a designer I discovered and fell in love with rough cut diamonds. I wear them as earrings almost everyday. It is especially important with this most powerful and precious stone to attain it conflict-free.
Ruff & Cut offers these raw diamonds from socially responsible sources.


www.ruffandcut.com

I hope that the next time you put on one of your favorite pieces of jewelry you allow yourself to see the nature in it and awaken some of the nature of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message. I love hearing from you!