Saturday, August 27, 2011

Heathy Beauty

Did you know that you can just use oil to remove dirt and makeup from your face?
My skin is sensitive and prone to redness especially in the summer. I have felt for too many years that I am on a mysterious and rather pricey journey to find an effective and clean (free of chemicals) beauty regime that doesn't irritate my face. Since I was pregnant, and now breast feeding my son, it is especially important the ingredients that I put into my body. And yes, the ingredients in our beauty products, shampoo, deodorant and makeup are all consumed transdermally into our bodies.

Last month, I had the amazing opportunity to meet Alexandra Spunt, coauthor of No More Dirty Looks. In my brief consultation with Alexandra, she not only simplified and beautified my life, but saved me a lot of money. She told me to stop the daily gentle exfoliation I was doing. "Our skin needs its top layer to hold in moisture and protect itself from the elements." The coconut oil that I have been using on my body would be just as 'safe' and wonderful for me to use on my face as a cleanser and moisturizer, especially in conjunction with a good mist. "The water oil combo really supports what our skin already does naturally."

After a week of practice, I am happy and confident to share that my new beauty regime not only yields beautiful skin but is simple simple!

Organic Coconut Oil (banyanbotanicals.com) and Rose Water

Other oils Alexandra recommends:
Jojoba
Rosehip Seed

Want to clean up your own beauty regime?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message. I love hearing from you!